Thursday, October 25, 2007

Durga Puja at Madras, October 2007

Baba (Babua) mails in his contribution:

Well there was this "flying whistle-stop" by Bheblu here at Madras - just for a week. One of his clear inventions (yes, I know the meaning of the word) was this -

You crawl. You crawl at a good speed, but not good enough for today's hectic world. So you take two small empty plastic boxes in your hands and crawl only with your legs. The plastic boxes help your hands slip/skate on the floor. This way you attain speeds faster than the grownups' walk!

Phuli says the invention stemmed from a desire to generally move around with empty plastic boxes.

The chap now calls Mrs Swati Roy "Did-did-di" or "Did-da". I am "Dad-da".

He is now back in Selimpur.

I only wish I had a movie camera to record it all...

5 comments:

  1. When ma read this, she tried acting it out for me...hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I am up to date with Bheblu's latest! IDG (Khuku)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great site! I was just wandering through so I decided to stop and say hi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chhotima -- I'm trying to imagine that, but somehow, the mind recognises its limits and, quite frankly, boggles.

    IDG -- Oh there's stuff every day.

    Yehudi -- Thank you!

    SNR -- Not empty plastic boxes, he likes to carry his toys around with him. I hear this girl also likes to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phulididi, I should have explained better:) Ma tried acting it out sitting on the table, only with her hands :D Thankfully, not on the floor or there would have been a picture of it here on the blog;)

    ReplyDelete