Monday, May 26, 2008

Roll Call

Ok, everybody seems to be all over the place.

Baba (Babua) is off to Tokyo I understand, where he is to meet Chhotokaku (Khokon), Arkakaku and Kasumi Oba-san (khurima). He returns to India via Singapore, so hopefully some chocolates will attach themselves to his luggage en route. Later he is to go to Vienna.

Barapishi (Khuku) is travelling around with Mejopishi (Keka); M'pishi has gone to visit the US and is looking very smart in her western attire. I know they've been to Disneyland but I've lost track of the rest of it. Chhotopishi (Kanchi) is there as well, of course, and I'm very impressed by the resilience of the denizens of Atlanta, GA. All three Roy sisters, just think of it.

It will surprise nobody to hear that Anindyakaku was in the US too. A month before M'pishi, of course. This is one couple that refuses to stay together. Such jet-setting...

Kaku is having Moore Avenue painted. Didi (Guria) is back in town, working in a legal firm off Prince Anwar Shah Road. Munia is probably finishing with a set of exams.

Ma (Swati) is coming to Calcutta in a few hours. She's here for a week and then Vicky (Soubhik) and Rahul (Bheblu) visit them at Madras for Jamaishashti. I stay back in Cal. Not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing, but I'll find out soon enough.

Tua is in B'lore, sending me pretty earrings. (Thanks, Tua!)

Mithi and Medha have brought their mother to Calcutta for a holiday. Pishithamma was with them in Gurgaon and came along as well.

Dada (Lattu) is in Cal, helping to clean/clear out Moore Avenue. (Thanks, Dada). Vicky pulled his [share of the] weight as well, so thanks V.

Jimma is staying by herself in Garfa and seems to be doing a good job of cadging meals off folks. I'm pretty proud of her.

This is all the news I have and I'm aware it's pretty sketchy. So please tell me what you and yours are up to. Chhotima? Linnetpishi? Arkakaku? Chhordi? Indi? Anybody?

4 comments:

  1. Ragavan pishomoshai is in China. Linnet pishi is in Canary Wharf Both the girls are in SW1 as Maya is on mid term break

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am still alive, not sure how long though. VERY busy with college right now.
    Phulididi, I apologize for not contributing to the blog anymore. I will try to get back to the blog in Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just came back from a weekend in Chicago, visiting friends, and checking out the business school at University of Chicago. I'm in DC until next weekend, and my parents and Keka mashi will be visiting Indi and me next Wednesday and Thursday. Next weekend, I'll be going back to Atlanta to ensure that KM's last weekend is fun and exciting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, to add to this
    i am in bangalore this weekend, in chennai the next, and hopefully in kanyakumari , via madurai the next. weekend after that ma is here and the weekend after it will be hampi with her, if i havent got tired of booking tickets by then
    the earrings are actually from pondy. glad u liked them.

    ReplyDelete